Syllabus and Class expectations
In this class students are introduced to the industry of sports, entertainment and event marketing. Students acquire transferable knowledge and skills among related industries for planning sports, entertainment, and event marketing. Topics included are branding, licensing, and naming rights; business foundations; concessions and on-site merchandising; economic foundations; human relations; and safety and security. Mathematics and social studies are reinforced. This class content will enhance the core academic areas of reading, writing, and mathematics. It includes materials and performance assessments that are aligned to the class content. Formative assessments provide continuous feedback to measure student learning throughout the class.
Class expectations are as follows:
- Test will be givien to evaluate students understanding of the material.
- Students will be divided in groups throughout the semester to complete projects in class.
- Students will have to give presentations in class through power point presentations.
- Students will design a web page based on a sports product they have designed.
- Students will complete a final project.