Occupational Financial Management
2nd Period (9:52 - 11:22
Rules and Expectations:
- Be on time to class.
- No book bags allowed in class.
- Follow dress code procedures.
- Have materials ready prior to class starting (2 pencils, notebook, red pen, highlighter).
- No eating, drinking or chewing gum or using cell phone while in class.
- Leave classroom neat upon departure
- Be respectful to teachers and peers.
- Keep notebooks organized.
Times Available for Parent Conferences (by appointment) Monday-Thursday 12:00 - 1:30.
Overview of Occupational Financial Management
Unit 1: Understand personal financial planning.
Unit 2: Understand appropriate methods for personal financial management and independent living.
Unit 3: Understand state and federal income taxes.
Unit 4: Understand wages and compensation.
Unit 5: Understand the use of credit.
Unit 6: Understand different types of insurance in terms of their ability to meet personal needs.
Unit 7: Apply math skills to consumer spending.
- Classwork: 25%
- Project: 25%
- Job Performance: 25%
- Test: 25%
Progress Report Dates: (Sept. 16th, Oct. 7th, Nov. 18th, Dec. 15th).
You are required to make up any work you miss within 5 days of returning back to school. Please contact me at 242-3400 (ext. 2075) if you are going to be absent from class. If I do not hear from you, I will be contacting you myself. This is part of your grade for Financial Management.
Communicate with your teacher: firstname.lastname@example.org