Occupational Preparation II
2nd - 3rd Period (9:55 - 1:25)
Rules and Expectations:
- Report to bus at 9:30 to go to work.
- No book bags allowed in class and follow all Wayne County School Rules.
- Follow dress code procedures on campus and at place of business.
- If you are going to be absent, you must call Mrs. Casey (242-3400) & employer or receive a 50 for the day.
- No eating, drinking or chewing gum or using cell phone while in class or at place of business.
- Leave classroom neat upon departure
- Be respectful to teachers and peers, and employer.
- Student will be earning Community-Based hours from 9:30-1:10.
- Attendance is very important.
Times Available for Parent Conferences (by appointment) Monday-Thursday 1:30 - 3:00
Overview of Occupational Preparation II Curriculum:
Goal I: Student will exhibit the self-determination skills needed to participate in transition planning and successful adjustment to adult life.
*Identify and demonstrate various styles of communication.
Goal II: Student will actively participate in career development activities to determine a career goal.
*Hands on work training, identifies potential careers of interest.
Goal III: Student will exhibit job-seeking skills necessary to secure employment in chosen career pathway.
*Interview strategies, identifies steps involved in conducting job search of career interests.
Goal IV: Student will exhibit the work behaviors, habits, and skills in the area of personal management needed to obtain, maintain and advance in chosen career pathway.
*Identify transportation strategies, importance of various personal management work behaviors.
Goal V: Student will exhibit the work behaviors, habits, and skills in the area of job performance needed to obtain, maintain, and advance in career pathway.
*Time on task, work evaluation by supervisor, use of time-clock, work area arrival & departure.
Goal VI: Student will exhibit interpersonal relationship skills in the workplace.
*Job strategies for handling potential workplace conflicts, basic customer service skills.
Progress Report Dates: (Feb. 12h, March 5th, March 26th, April 21st, May 4th). Report cards will be mailed.
You are required to make up any work you miss within 5 days of returning back to school. Please contact me at 242-3400 (ext. 2075) if you are going to be absent from class. If I do not hear from you, I will be contacting you myself. This is part of your grade for Occupational Preparation II.
Communicate with your teacher: firstname.lastname@example.org
*9 week grading scale:
- Communicating with teacher/business if you are going to be absent.
- Evaluations completed by employers every 3 weeks.
- Job Performance - 100%