Occupational Preparation III
Third Period (11:28 - 1:24)
Fourth Period (1:30 - 3:00)
Rules and Expectations:
- Report to bus at 8:00 to go to Work Source East Facility.
- No book bags allowed in class/VR.
- Follow dress code procedures.
- Have materials ready prior to class starting. (2 pencils, notebook, red pen, highlighter)
- No eating, drinking, or chewing gum in class. No cell phone use in class.
- Leave classroom neat upon departure
- Be respectful to teachers and peers
- Participate in all classroom activities
- Keep notebooks organized
- Attendance is very important (You are earning your school-based hours).
Times Available for Parent Conferences (by appointment) Monday - Thursday (12:00 - 1:30)
Overview of Occupational Preparation III Curriculum:
Competency Goal I: The learner will exhibit self-determination skills needed to participate in transition planning and successful adjustment to adult life.
Competency Goal II: The learner will actively participate in career development activities (e.g. awareness, exploration, and planning) to determine a career goal.
Competency Goal III: The learner will exhibit job-seeking skills necessary to secure employment in chosen career pathway.
Competency Goal IV: The learner will exhibit work behaviors, habits, and skills in the area of personal management needed to obtain, maintain, and advance in chosen career pathway.
Competency Goal V: The learner will exhibit work behaviors, habits, and skills in the area of job performance needed to obtain, maintain, and advance in career pathway.
Competency Goal VI: The learner will exhibit interpersonal relationship skills in the workplace.
Possible Assignments: Job Performance, Job Evaluations
Grades for this class will be determined as follows:Work Source East teachers submit your grades.
Progress Report Dates: (Sept. 16th, Oct. 7th, Nov. 18th, Dec. 15th)
You are required to make up any work you miss within 5 days of returning back to school. Please contact me at 242-3400 (ext. 2075) if you are going to be absent from class. If I do not hear from you, I will be contacting you myself. This is part of your grade for Occupational Preparation III.
Communicate with your teacher: firstname.lastname@example.org