Enroll/ Withdraw

  •  When can I enroll my child for 2016-17? Summer enrollment dates are June 22nd & 28th, July 11th & 26th and August 3rd, 9th, 16th-18th from 8am-4pm (no appointment necessary).  After August 18th, please contact the school at 919.242.3400 to schedule an enrollment appointment.  
  • Who can enroll my child? The parent/ legal guardian MUST accompany the student to enroll.  NC State law requires children under age 18 be enrolled by a legal parent or guardian.  The student must reside with the legal parent/ guardian and student must live in the CBA school district.
  • Who is a legal parent/guardian? A legal guardian is one who has been designated by the courts.  Family members, relatives or friends cannot serve as the enrollment agent unless proof of custody is presented (i.e. court order, adoption).    The “power of attorney” or other forms of notarized statements of guardianship DO NOT meet the requirement for enrolling a student in Wayne County Public Schools.  If applicable, a copy of custody agreement is needed for enrollment.
  • What documents do I need to enroll my child? 
    • 2 proofs of residency in the CBA school district (ex: driver's license, utility bill, rent receipt, tax bill, military ID). Military families may use a letter from base housing as proof of residence.
    • Immunization records
    • NC Health Assessment (out-of-state students only)
    • Student birth certificate
    • Report card or transcript that lists all courses and grades up to the point of withdrawal
    • Official withdrawal form from previous school
    • Photo ID of the adult enrolling the child
    • Enrollment Packet (available above for download)

Procedures for Withdrawal
  1. If you know the last day of attendance in advance, please contact your child's school counselor so that we can help you with a smooth transition. Parent contact is required before withdrawing any student.

  2. On the morning of the student's last full day, he/she must see his/her school counselor to obtain a withdrawal form. The student will take the form to all classes and have each teacher record a withdrawal grade. Class books, supplies, locks, uniforms, library books, etc. must also be turned in at this time.

  3. At the end of the day, the student will bring the completed withdrawal form back to the counselor for a final signature. The counselor will put the form in a sealed envelope along with an official transcript. DO NOT open the envelope! Give the sealed documents to the new school at the time of enrollment.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 West Corporation. All rights reserved.