- When can I enroll my child for 2016-17? Summer enrollment dates are June 22nd & 28th, July 11th & 26th and August 3rd, 9th, 16th-18th from 8am-4pm (no appointment necessary). After August 18th, please contact the school at 919.242.3400 to schedule an enrollment appointment.
- Who can enroll my child? The parent/ legal guardian MUST
accompany the student to enroll. NC State law requires children under
age 18 be enrolled by a legal parent or guardian. The student must
reside with the legal parent/ guardian and student must live in the CBA
- Who is a legal parent/guardian? A
legal guardian is one who has been designated by the courts. Family
members, relatives or friends cannot serve as the enrollment agent
unless proof of custody is presented (i.e. court order, adoption).
The “power of attorney” or other forms of notarized statements of
guardianship DO NOT meet the requirement for enrolling a
student in Wayne County Public Schools. If applicable, a copy of
custody agreement is needed for enrollment.
- What documents do I need to enroll my child?
- 2 proofs of residency in the CBA school district (ex: driver's license, utility bill, rent receipt, tax bill, military ID). Military families may use a letter from base housing as proof of residence.
- Immunization records
- NC Health Assessment (out-of-state students only)
- Student birth certificate
- Report card or transcript that lists all courses and grades up to the point of withdrawal
- Official withdrawal form from previous school
- Photo ID of the adult enrolling the child
- Enrollment Packet (available above for download)
Procedures for Withdrawal
If you know the last day of attendance in advance, please contact your
child's school counselor so that we can help you with a smooth
transition. Parent contact is required before withdrawing any student.
On the morning of the student's last full day, he/she must see his/her
school counselor to obtain a withdrawal form. The student will take the
form to all classes and have each teacher record a withdrawal grade.
Class books, supplies, locks, uniforms, library books, etc. must also be
turned in at this time.
At the end of the day, the student will bring the completed withdrawal
form back to the counselor for a final signature. The counselor will
put the form in a sealed envelope along with an official transcript. DO NOT open the envelope! Give the sealed documents to the new school at the time of enrollment.